The mission of the Centre is to contribute to the societal development, development of professional managers and introduction of effective management practices in organizations. The specific objectives include:
- To promote & enrich management policies and practices in the manufacturing, services and development sector.
- To augment and develop entrepreneurial potential in the state through an integrated identification-training support package.
- To enhance the decision making skills and competence of practicing managers and key personnel in the public, private and non-governmental sectors.
- To provide assistance to governmental/voluntary/corporate agencies for strengthening management of developmental programmes and projects in rural and urban areas, through research studies, consulting, training programmes and advisory services and
- To contribute to professionalizing management by developing a pool of young management professionals.