The deadline to receive Fortnite Class Action Settlement 2024 Claim from the makers of the game, Epic Games, for qualified Fortnite players is extended to February 29, 2024. Using deceptive design strategies, FTC regulators accused Epic in 2022 of breaking the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) by tricking millions of consumers into making unnecessary in-game purchases.
Additionally, the FTC said that Epic had blocked the accounts of clients who had disputed these charges with their credit card issuers. Receiving your share requires you to choose to participate in the settlement. A Fortnite Class Action Settlement 2024 Claim Form, which will be accessible on the settlement website if the court approves the deal, is reportedly required for this, according to news. Reach the Fortnite website or other reliable sources for information on the best time and location to submit your claim form.
Fortnite Class Action Settlement 2024
According to news, players of Fortnite who have ever paid an in-app purchase in the game might be Fortnite Class Action Settlement 2024 Refund Eligible for a share of the USD 245 million settlement in Epic Games’ class-action lawsuit. This agreement is the result of legal action taken against the game for allegedly unfair in-app purchases and usage of V-Bucks, its virtual currency. Check below steps to know How to Claim Refund Out of $245 Million.
A portion of the settlement is available to you if you played Fortnite or made in-app purchases between January 2017 and September 2022. For children and adults who purchased purchases during this time frame, the agreement is applicable. Many factors, such as the quantity of claims and the overall settlement amount, will affect how much you might really receive from the settlement but eligible players could anticipate receiving between $245 in their bank for the unintentional V-Bucks transaction.
Fortnite Class Action Settlement 2024 Details
|February 29, 2024
Fortnite Class Action Settlement 2024 Refund Eligible
- You can request a Fortnite Class Action Settlement 2024 Refund if any of these circumstances applied to you as a Fortnite player (or if your parent was paying for the game).
- Players who were charged V-Bucks, Fortnite’s in-game currency, for products they did not want between January 2017 and September 2022.
- Fortnite players who received a credit card charge after a youngster made an inappropriate purchase in the game between January 2017 and November 2018.
- Anyone whose credit card company was used to dispute charges related to transactions made between January 2017 and September 2022 and whose Fortnite account was locked by Epic Games
- Globally, there are millions of Fortnite players, according to FTC data, but only American players are able to submit claims.
- The FTC sent emails to more than 36 million people in September and October informing them that they might be qualified for compensation. Specific claim ID numbers were included in emails.
Fortnite Refund 2024 Payment Amount
The Fortnite Refund 2024 Payment Amount to each individual is somewhat determined by the volume of claims. More than 36 million people who might be qualified have been identified and alerted by the Federal Trade Commission. The number of claims could end up being even higher, though, because customers who didn’t receive emails can use their Epic account ID to seek for compensation.
You may opt to receive your Fortnite Refund 2024 through PayPal or by check. To make sure you don’t miss any information about the settlement, make sure you frequently check Fortnite’s official website, social media accounts, or other reliable sources. Updates regarding the best time and location to submit your claim form, along with any changes to the settlement process, are probably available on these platforms.
How to Claim Refund Out of $245 Million
- You must know that you are Fortnite Class Action Settlement 2024 Refund Eligible.
- Find your Epic account ID, which you may find on the Epic Games website, or your claim number, which the FTC issued you via email.
- Visit the official website www.fortniterefund.com created especially for this procedure: FTC v. Epic Games Refund.
- Find the Fortnite Class Action Settlement $245 Million Claim Form 2024 on the website and access it.
- Fill the form with all necessary information about your Fortnite account and personal information may be included in this.
- You can find your account ID on the Epic Games website if you have not get an email with a claim number.
- In order to fill out the claim form, you need to be at least 18. The claim form must be completed on your behalf by a parent or legal guardian if you are under the age of 18.